Events & Other News
— David's article on Thomas Knowlton's Revolution was selected by the editors of the Journal of the American Revolution (JAR), the leading online source of new research on the Revolution and Founding Era, to be republished in the eighth annual volume of the year's top JAR articles. Scheduled for release in April 2022, this hardcover book will present the best historical research and writing published by the journal during the prior calendar year as determined by the editors.
— David is writing a book about the Battle of Harlem Heights in 1776 as part of Westholme Publishing's Small Battles series. Westholme is collaborating with historians Mark Edward Lender and James Kirby Martin, series editors, to offer a fresh and important new perspective on the story of America’s early military conflicts that focuses on these engagements at their most intimate and revealing level. More information about the volumes in this series is available here.
David has spoken at book lecture and signing events hosted by a variety of organizations and institutions, as well as participating in interviews and discussion forums. He welcomes inquiries about his availability at email@example.com.
> Guided Tours - Washington Crossing Historic Park - Dates TBD: David works part-time as a historical interpreter at the WCHP Visitor Center (open 10 am - 5 pm), where he is available to autograph books and joins other interpreters in giving guided tours. Information about tours and the option to purchase tickets are provided at https://www.washingtoncrossingpark.org/tickets/. Please note: The identity of the person giving a tour at any particular time cannot be determined in advance of that date. David is off during the reduced WCHP winter schedule but expects to be back in March.
Contact: Visitor Center - 215-493-4076; Park website - https://www.washingtoncrossingpark.org/#
> Author Talk - Annual Meeting, Society of the Sons of the Revolution in the State of New Jersey (members only) – February 21. David will be speaking about his latest book, John Haslet's World.
> Author Talk - Present Day Club, Princeton, NJ (members only) – April 13, 12:30 pm. David will be speaking about his second book, The Road to Assunpink Creek.
> Author Talk - Raritan Valley Chapter, Sons of the American Revolution (members only) – April 23, 1 pm. David will be speaking about the "The Genius of Emanuel Leutze."
> Speaking Engagement - The Bridge Street Academy Chapter, Lawrenceville, NJ – June 5, 2 - 5 pm. David will be a speaker at the "Bridge to the American Revolution Day" event sponsored by the academy.
Past Speaking Engagements
> A video of David's Go to Webinar presentation for the NJ State Library, entitled John Haslet: A Colonel in Washington's Army, is available on the library's YouTube channel here.
David has spoken at events sponsored by the following:
- Multiple chapters of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution and the Sons of the American Revolution in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania
- Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum, Allentown, PA
- New Jersey State Library, Trenton, NJ
- The Friends of Washington Crossing Park, Washington Crossing Historic Park, PA
- Old Barracks Museum, Trenton, NJ
- Nassau Club, Princeton, NJ
- Princeton Public Library, Princeton, NJ
- Trenton Free Public Library, Trenton, NJ
- North Jersey American Revolution Round Table
- American Revolution Round Table of South Jersey
- American Revolution Round Table of Northern Delaware
- Delaware Military Museum, Wilmington, DE (Major General William H. Duncan Memorial Lecture Series)
- Historic Rock Ford, Lancaster, PA (home of Revolutionary War hero Edward Hand)
- Historic Morrisville Society, Morrisville, PA
- Lawrence Historical Society, Lawrence Township, NJ
- Annual Colonel Hand Historic March, Lawrence Township, NJ
- Burlington County Lyceum of History and Natural Sciences Association
- Multiple branches of the Mercer County (NJ) Library System
- Traditions at Washington Crossing Book Club, Upper Makefield Township, PA
- Trenton Symposium
- Stonebridge Continuing Care Retirement Community, Montgomery Township, NJ
- The Bridge Street Academy, Lawrenceville, NJ
Interviews and Discussion Forums
David has participated in events streamed or televised on various platforms, including the following:
- Appeared on FOX Nation, the streaming platform of FOX News, for an episode of its series, Untold: Patriots Revealed, focusing on Colonel John Glover and the Marblehead Regiment from Massachusetts.
- Interviewed by historian Brady Crytzer, host of Dispatches: The Podcast of the Journal of the American Revolution, about David's JAR article "Thomas Knowlton's Revolution."
- Interviewed by Joan Goldstein, Ph.D., sociologist, educator, and host/producer of “Back Story with Joan Goldstein” on Princeton Community Television, for a program about the American Revolution and its meaning today.
- Interviewed by Michael Troy, host of the American Revolution Podcast, about John Haslet's World.
- Joined a round-table discussion on the “Ten Crucial Days” of the American Revolution, available on YouTube and moderated by historian Mark Maloy as part of the Emerging Revolutionary War blog’s “Rev War Revelry” series.
- Appeared on HistoryAuthorTalks.com to discuss The Road to Assunpink Creek—posted here on YouTube—as part of a series hosted by the Roger Williams Agency, a division of New England Publishing Associates, Inc., which features virtual talks by paired authors.
- Interviewed on multiple occasions by Jason Mandresh, host of the Founder of the Day YouTube channel, focusing on Edward Hand and John Haslet.